Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

The world's smallest strongman at Australia's biggest event

He's only 127 centimeters tall, but the smallest star of The Psycho Sideshow can lift almost anything above his head

Goliath
The world's smallest strongman says his secrets are in his breakfasts: Weet-Bix.
Today is the day the bush comes to Sydney: fat cows, tall horses, daredevils and fluorescent cowboys usher in two weeks of rural madness in the country’s largest event, The Royal Easter Show.
But for all the wacky and weird, a 127-centimeter-tall dwarf named Goliath could be the biggest act. Or the smallest.
Weighing in at 40 kilograms, he lifts full-grown humans above his head if they were babies. He bends metal bars as if they were elastic. You could say he punches above his weight.
“I just keep pushing boundaries,” says Goliath.
He’s the world’s smallest strongman.
“It’s true,” says Goliath. “I’m yet to be proven otherwise.”
“I’m open to challengers. If I heard of anything overseas where I could take on the strength of another small person, I’d go there.”
But this guy doesn’t compete with people his own size. He works out with people he looks up to.
You could call him a little crazy. In fact, he’s part of a five-strong troupe, The Psycho Sideshow, who will perform daily at the Royal Easter Show.
Another member of his troupe, masochist Shep Huntly, lies on nails and slices himself. Space Cowboy holds the Guinness World Record for swallowing 17 swords. Lady Loz juggles fire without fear and Henne the Contortionist (the only non-Australian Psycho member, from Finland) will bend herself backwards trying to wow you.
That's show business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment